Monday 11 October 2010

Chicago, August 2010

This year, I've been working really hard and for only one thing...To pay myself some awesome holidays...So I did it.
My destination : USA, for a month.
I was really excited and at the same time, really scared about going there on my own...
My only fellow trip would be my backpack...
But at the end, everything went well...
I had an amazing time, met a lot of great people (tell you more about them later),
saw millions of beautiful things...Such a nice experience.
I would recommended it.

Sat, 15th of august 2010, 4am, I am on my way to Bristol airport.
First stop in US, Chicago, the lovely "Windy City"...
But before that, 3 stops and 16 hours trip...Bristol, to Amsterdam, to Detroit, to Chicago.
My first step on the American soil was in Detroit..and what an adventure. I spent about 1 hour with the immigration authorities. The agent was not really friendly and smiley. Such a dickhead..Whatever..

Eventually I got to my final destination, Chicago my love...
So far, I would say that Chicago is my favourite city in US.
It's beautiful, very clean, wonderful monuments, very cultural and multi- ...
Lot of things to do there, very nice music scene (THE famous Blues of Chicago), good pubs and night clubs...
Open minded and friendly people...In short, awesome.

While I was there, I went to the Sears Tower. It's a really good spot to see the whole town, an amazing view.
At the top of that tower, there is a scary thing, you can actually step outside the tallest building in the western hemisphere and the third tallest in the world. At 412 meters in the air, the ledge’s glass box extend out 1.3 meter from Skydeck. There's nothing but space under your feet.

I went to see as well a Cub's game (Thanks Nat for that), Chicago's baseball team.
I'm not really into that thing but that was funny to see and share a moment like this with people and it's the most popular game there.

There is another thing that I really enjoyed, that was my trip on a boat on the lake Michigan, very cool, I mean at the beginning, after a while I was sick...But still a real nice time...

Right, it's time to stop talking...


See the beauty of Chicago with this link…




More photos to come about my trip,
To be continued...

No comments: