Thursday 14 October 2010

New Orleans, August 2010

The true story about the New Orleans

After a wonderful week in Chicago, full of surprises, I'm now on my way to the New Orleans, instead of S.F., I changed my mind at the last minute (no regrets about that).
Two flights later and one stop to Charlotte , I'm landing to New Orleans.
Temperature on the ground close to 40°C, Humidity close to 80%, I can barely breath.
It doesn't really mater, I'm on holidays.
I take a bus from the airport, one hour later, I finally reach the hostel.

This place, the India House Backpackers Hostel, is a proper architectural house from the New Orleans.
Really friendly place, always messy, a bar, a swimming pool, full of drunkers...The kind of place that I'm going to like.

So now lets talk about the real story of that week.
This start with a pretty rough week in Chicago and before that, a rough time at work in UK.
Basically I need some rest and some good time, New Orleans is going to be the perfect place for that.
Like I said, the weather was really warm and because it's too warm, you just want to do nothing.
So what I did during that week is laying down by the pool, drinking, the pool, meeting and talking to people, drinking...Happy days.






This is what I'm talking about...








Well, New Orleans is still a very nice place to visit, so beautiful, people are really friendly over there.
Even if Katrina fucked everything, down-town is still amazing. Good food, I ate some alligator, really nice, good music as well (the jazz of New Orleans).
But that is the thing, when you leaving the center, the whole suburb is fucked up, like a no man's land because hurricane.
I said that I did nothing but it's not really true, I went in town every night.
You need to know something about that city. It's a really small town, so there is not a lot of things to do.
There is the French quarter, which is down-town and...euh that's it... I told you.
About the parties, two places.
The first one, Bourbon street, a trap for tourists, it's full of shit. Some crappy bars and nigtht clubs.
There is no need to spend time there.
On the other hand, the place to be is Frenchmen street. Loads of nice jazz clubs, bars and restaurants to enjoy night life. Underground and emptiness of tourists (is that correct????).
An amazing time, I saw a guy in a jazz club, he played three guitars at the same time. One bass guitar on his feet, one electric guitar on the right side and one a the left side...Just unbelievable.
So yeah I had a really good time with nice people, a lot of parties, always sunny except the last day, just when I took all the pictures of that city...
This is why I'm going to call this album "New Orleans by rain"...

Do you want to visit New Orleans in live from your sofa??? Click here on that link…

No comments: