Tuesday 12 October 2010

Pat & The Liquor Boxx

During my trip in Chicago, I met via my friend Nat, millions of nice and interesting people.
Some tattoo artists, DJs, sailors, musicians,...long is the list.

But I met, in particular that guy, which is the flatmate of my friend.
Let me tell you more about him.

Patrick
The artist

That guy called Patrick from Chicago, is the most interesting artist that I ever met.
He is a very brilliant guitarist. I saw him played some Hendrix to the perfection. I had the occasion to see him playing some really nice Blues, obviously he's from Chicago, so the Blues music, he's got this in his blood.
What I liked about Pat, is that he is very laid back, open minded, clever and he can talk about everything. He knows a lot about the history of Chicago, about the history of the music, especially the Blues and the Jazz. He can talk to you for hours about for the Blues of Chicago, which is really interesting. He used to live as well for a while in New Orleans, so he knows a lot about the Jazz over there (and he gave me loads of advices about New Orleans, cf. next post).
Really nice guy...
As a guitarist, he's a part of a band called "Liquor Boxx".




Liquor Boxx
The Band

That trip was the occasion for me to discovering different things such as music, films, paintings...
For now lets be focused on music and this band Liquor Boxx.
I did not have the chance to see them in live but through Patrick, I discovered their music.
They're from Chicago and as they're saying, they're playing a "SEXY ASS ROCK MUSIC".
They're influences are the Blues, Rock, Alternative...
They likes to call themselves for fun the "Zeppendrix Vaughn", the spiritual sons of Led Zep, Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Everything is said in that last sentence...

Don't forget to check their Myspace and/or Facebook for more informations and musics -->Myspace / Facebook

I selected for you two of their tracks...Enjoy!!!

tilidom file storage
Liquor Boxx - Mr Midnite

tilidom file storage
Liquor Boxx - Lonely Angel

(Photos and musics via Myspace.com/liquornbooze / Facebook.com/Liquorboxx)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi ceebee!
fuck mate, this sound is amazing!We miss you over here. When do u come back? BTW, ur english's fuckin' good now!almost bilingual...U can come back! the chinonese leclerc is waiting for u!mario told us that he misses u a lot. His neck's bump has exploded, it's an emergency. MAYDE MAYDE. We need u gyspy seed!come back!NOW!
XXX
johnny castle and gaelle redhair